Faroe in Cross-Border License Swap with Shell
Faroe Petroleum has agreed to a cross-border package transaction with Shell. The transaction, which is in line with the Company's stated strategic objectives of Atlantic Margin and Norway exploration drilling and asset portfolio diversification involves the following:
- the farm-in to the Faroe Islands high risk/high reward William exploration well;
-the acquisition of a 10% interest in the Norwegian Trym undeveloped gas field; and
- the acquisition of a 10% interest in the Norwegian Granat exploration license.
Completion of the transaction is subject to the consent of both Ministry of Trade in the Faroes, the MPE in Norway, and all joint venture parties.
Graham Stewart, Chief Executive of Faroe Petroleum, commented:
"This is a further exciting cross-border package transaction for Faroe Petroleum with a high impact exploration well drilling right now in the Faroe Islands, together with another high potential exploration prospect and a very attractive near-term gas field development in Norway. These new interests in our core areas further boost the Company's work program and shareholders' exposure to substantial value creation in the portfolio."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)