Rockhopper Commissions North Falkland Survey
Rockhopper Exploration plc said that it has commissioned Wavefield Inseis to conduct a site survey over its Ernest prospect in license PL024 in the North Falkland Basin. The site survey is a necessary part of preparatory work ahead of drilling. Rockhopper is already conducting an Environmental Impact Assesment over licenses PL023 and PL024 in readiness for drilling.
The Ernest prospect is a relatively low-risk independent 4-way dip closed structure in 160m of water approximately 100km offshore the Falkland Islands. The robust 4-way closure has an areal extent of some 2880 acres, within a total area of over 6,000 acres.
Sam Moody, Managing Director commented:
"We are very pleased that Wavefield are able to perform this site survey over Ernest, which is currently the lowest risk prospect in our portfolio. The 3D seismic in our licenses PL032 and PL033 means that we should not require additional site surveys in that area to prepare for drilling."
Rockhopper Exploration plc is a North Falkland Basin oil and gas exploration company.
- ERCE: Sea Lion Complex Could Hold 1.7B Barrels of Oil (May 17)
- Beach Energy Updates on Sale of its Egyptian Subsidiary to Rockhopper (Apr 18)
- Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts (Feb 11)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)