Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe
Transocean Inc. announced the closing earlier today of its reclassification and merger transaction with GlobalSantaFe Corporation.
In accordance with the terms of the merger agreement, each outstanding ordinary share of Transocean immediately prior to the effective time of the merger was reclassified into (1) 0.6996 Transocean ordinary shares and (2) $33.03 in cash. At the effective time of the merger, each outstanding ordinary share of GlobalSantaFe was exchanged for (1) 0.4757 Transocean ordinary shares (after giving effect to the reclassification) and (2) $22.46 in cash. Following these transactions, there will be a total of approximately 316 million outstanding ordinary shares of Transocean. The shares of Transocean will continue to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "RIG" and the ordinary shares of GlobalSantaFe will no longer be listed.
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)