Nautical Spuds Mermaid Prospect
Nautical Petroleum says that the Mermaid exploration well 9/11c-13 spudded on November 22, 2007. 9/11c-13 is an exploration well on the Mermaid Prospect, which is analogous to and lies directly south of the Mariner discovery (Block 9/11a). This is Nautical's second operated well and initial results are expected towards the end of December.
The interests held in Block 9/11c are Nautical Petroleum 50%, Celtic Oil Limited (wholly owned by SK Energy) 40% and Silverstone CNS Limited 10%.
Commenting on the spudding, Steve Jenkins Chief Executive of Nautical said:
"Mermaid is the second prospect Nautical is testing in our drilling program, where the technical work completed to date suggests that best estimate prospective resources total 129 mmbo. If successful, this will represent a further material addition to Nautical's resources and reserves."
- Egdon Completes PEDL005(R) Farm-Outs (Sep 21)
- Cairn Bids $645M for Nautical Petroleum (Jun 13)
- Nautical Petroleum Spins Bit at Carnaby Well (May 11)
Company: Silverstone Energy more info
- Silverstone, Bridge Merge into Bridge Energy ASA (Apr 08)
- CSL to Decommission Tristan North West in UK North Sea (Jan 12)
- Silverstone Abandons UKCS Well But Upbeat on Adjoining Vulcan Prospects (Apr 09)
Company: SK Energy more info
- S. Korea's SK Energy Buys First US Crude Oil In Move Away From Middle East (Aug 08)
- Maersk Oil to Purchase Brazilian Assets for $2.4B (Dec 23)
- Gulf United Energy Appoints New Officers (Dec 22)