Inpex Makes Final Investment Decision on Ravensworth Development
INPEX's subsidiary INPEX Alpha, Ltd., has made the final investment decision concerning the Ravensworth Oil Field development, offshore Western Australia.
The Ravensworth Field is located at WA-155-P (Part 1) Permit Area, a distance of 35 kilometers offshore, with a water depth of 215 meters. The field was discovered by the Ravensworth-1 well drilled in WA-155-P (Part 1) Permit Area in 2003. Appraisal and engineering works for field development have been carried out after the discovery.
The Ravensworth Field will be developed in conjunction with the BHP Billiton-operated Pyrenees project located in License WA-12-R. The oil production from WA-155-P (Part 1) Permit Area will be started during the second half of calendar year 2010. A twenty-five year period is expected for the field production.
INPEX holds a 28.5% participating interest in joint venture with the operator, BHP Billiton (39.999%) and Apache (31.501%).
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: BHP Billiton more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
- Inpex Says Floating Unit For Australia LNG Project To Set Sail Soon (Jul 10)