MONL Offering Stake in Sumatra Acreage
Sumatra Basin Matrix Oil NL is offering a unique opportunity to acquire a portion of or all of MONL's interest in each of three contract areas it operates in the highly productive North Sumatra Basin located in Indonesia. The North Sumatra Basin covers a total area of 56,000 sq. km and is one of three highly prolific basins located along the spine of the island of Sumatra. Total known reserves in the North Sumatra Basin are estimated as being 23 trillion cubic feet of gas and 1.3 billion barrels of oil and condensate, contained in 57 oil and gas fields discovered to date.
- Three operated offshore contract areas with working interests ranging from 75 to 90%
- Entry opportunity to acquire or participate in production and well defined prospects in a world class petroleum province
- Operational control of contract areas available with purchase of all MONL's interest
- Access to high rate, near term oil production from proven reserves
- Excellent opportunities to develop three discoveries with high flow rates
- Exposure to acreage with significant upside potential in a prolific hydrocarbon province
- Nearby gas markets
- Additional market for large gas reserves at nearby LNG facilities
- Favorable contract terms
- Contract areas are close to onshore fields with developed facilities and infrastructure
MONL has prepared information memorandums (IM's) containing a thorough description for each contract area. Prospective purchasers may download IM's from IndigoPool's data book after executing a confidentiality agreement. Selected potential purchasers will be invited to a data room for technical presentations.