Reliance Industries Awarded Two Blocks by Kurdistan Regional Government
Reliance Industries has executed two Production Sharing Contracts with the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) covering petroleum exploration activities in the Rovi and Sarta Blocks in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
Under the terms of the contract, Reliance Exploration & Production DMCC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, will serve as the operator.
Mr. Atul Chandra, President of International Operations, of the Company said, "We are pleased to reach agreement with the KRG on these two PSCs. We hope and believe this will be an investment that will provide long-term benefits to all the stakeholders".
The Company established a local office in Erbil in 2006 and has undertaken extensive geological work over the past year in the Kurdistan region.
The Company has been actively pursuing petroleum exploration activities in the Middle Fast, particularly in Oman and Yemen, besides India, Asia Pacific Region and South America.
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: Kurdistan Regional Government more info
- KRG Doing All It Can To Ensure IOC Payments Says Deputy Prime Minister (Dec 05)
- Gulf Keystone Confirms KRG Payment (Mar 08)
- DNO Receives Partial Payment from KRG for Oil Exports (Dec 03)