OMV Spuds Moana-1 Offshore New Zealand
OMV New Zealand Limited has commenced drilling operations on the Moana 1 exploration well in permit PEP 38485 offshore New Zealand. Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Patriot, is drilling the well which has a proposed total depth of 3,995 meters.
PEP 38485 covers an area of 2,798 square kilometers in the Taranaki Basin. The permit was awarded to OMV in the 2003 Onshore/Offshore Block Offer.
Partners is the permit are OMV New Zealand as operator with 33.3334%; Origin Energy with 33.3333% and Todd Petroleum Mining Company with the remaining 33.3333%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)