Shell Receives Approval to Use West Navigator at Ormen Lange
Shell has secured consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to use the drillship West Navigator to drill six production wells on the Ormen Lange field.
The consent relates to production drilling on Ormen Lange Phase II, wells 9-14 (6305/8-A-4H, 6305/8-A-5H, 6305/8-A-8H, 6305/5-B-4H, 6305/5-B-5H and 6305/5-B-8H). Each well is expected to take approximately 90 days to drill.
The West Navigator was the first rig to receive the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate's Acknowledgement of Compliance on September 19, 2000.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)