Pertra to Fund Adjunct Professorship in Geophysics at NTNU
On Monday November 5, Pertra and NTNU signed an agreement on a five-year funding of an adjunct professorship in Applied Geophysics at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim.
With the aim of strengthening education and research relevant to the oil industry, NTNU maintains an extensive cooperation with several major enterprises such as StatoilHydro, Total, etc. This is the first time one of the new, smaller participants on the Norwegian Continental Shelf undertakes to fund such an academic position.
Due to the challenges facing the Norwegian oil industry, the need for highly qualified manpower will continue to increase. The rationale for funding the professorship is that Pertra acknowledges the importance of supporting NTNU's willingness to adapt to the reality of the NCS, where a significant portion of exploration activities are operated by smaller companies. This year, and second only to StatoilHydro, Pertra/DNO has drilled the largest number of exploration wells.
"Presently, Pertra maintains a staff of 53. Subsequent to the combination with DNO's Norwegian operations (NOIL), this number will rise to 80. Our need for a continuous supply of competent and highly educated personnel is considerable, and will only increase over the years to come. It follows naturally then, that we too assume part of the public responsibility incumbent on our area of activities in order to succeed", comments CEO of Pertra, Erik Haugane.
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)