Borders & Southern in South Falkland Basin
Borders & Southern has commenced the acquisition of 3D seismic data across its South Falkland Basin acreage. Petroleum Geo-Services (PGS), a worldwide geophysical services specialist, is carrying out the survey using their vessel Ocean Explorer. PGS will be acquiring 1,500 square kilometers of 3D seismic data. The survey is anticipated to take approximately four months to complete depending on weather conditions.
Additionally, the Falkland Islands Government has granted a two-year extension to its licenses in the South Falkland Basin, southeast of the Falkland Islands. The extension applies to the Initial Term of licenses PL018 to PL022 with the provision that Borders & Southern acquires in excess of 750 square kilometers of 3D seismic data. This will mean the first exploration period will now be five years and will end on November 1, 2009. There will be no relinquishment of acreage before that date.
Commenting on the announcement Howard Obee, CEO of Borders & Southern said: "We are delighted to see our program to acquire 3D seismic off and running. In recent weeks we have announced a successful fundraising to finance the 3D survey as well as our new partnership with PGS. Now that 3D data acquisition has started, we are a step closer to identifying the optimum sites for drilling on the key prospects in our acreage."
- Borders Reports Upgrade to Darwin Discovery (Jun 17)
- Falkand 3D Seismic Survey Completed (Apr 16)
- South Falkland 3D Seismic Program Completed (Apr 09)
Company: Petroleum Geoservices more info
- Struggling Oil Services Urged to Act as Capital Squeeze Looms (Nov 27)
- Eco Atlantic Inks Joint Operating Agreements for Offshore Namibia (Jan 28)
- UNX to Acquire Seismic Data Offshore Namibia (Jan 14)