High Arctic Energy Forms Joint Venture with Schlumberger
High Arctic Energy has executed a joint venture agreement with the Schlumberger group for the purpose of providing underbalanced drilling services and managed pressure-drilling services to the worldwide upstream oil and gas industry.
The Joint Venture provides a global platform to rapidly develop the UBD and MPD businesses. Initially, the Joint Venture will focus on providing UBD and MPD services for projects managed by Schlumberger Integrated Project Management.
The Joint Venture will be owned 51% by High Arctic and 49% by Schlumberger. As part of the initial formation of the Joint Venture, High Arctic will sell its existing UBD and MPD equipment and the technology associated with its existing UBD and MPD businesses, including intellectual property rights, to the Joint Venture.
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)
Company: High Arctic Energy Services Trust more info
- High Arctic Executes Expression of Interest to Sell Optimal to Schlumberger (Apr 27)
- High Arctic Continues with Restructuring Efforts (Jun 11)
- High Arctic Settles Rig Purchase Obligation (Feb 01)