Keppel Singmarine Delivers Offshore Supply Vessel
Keppel Singmarine has delivered an Anchor Handling Tug/Supply (AHTS) vessel to Gulfmark Offshore Inc. (Gulfmark) on schedule.
The 140-tonne bollard pull vessel was christened Sea Cheyenne on October 27, 2007.
This is the third of eight vessels that Keppel Singmarine has built for the company since 2003. The design of the vessel was developed by Marine Technology Development (MTD), the ship design and development arm of Keppel O&M.
Choo Chiau Beng, Chairman & CEO of Keppel O&M, said, "We will endeavor to provide value-added services, particularly in ensuring that Gulfmark's five other vessels with us are completed on time and within budget."
The five remaining vessels will be delivered in 2008.
Sea Cheyenne, which will be deployed in Vietnam, is the fourth vessel that Keppel Singmarine has delivered this year. The yard is expected to deliver one more vessel before the year ends.
Keppel Singmarine is currently building 17 vessels: 13 offshore support vessels, a Floating Storage and Offloading vessel, two ice-breakers and a derrick pipelay vessel. The yard is also building the hull of three jackup rigs for sister company Keppel FELS. Keppel O&M has a total order book of 50 ships, with contract obligations stretching into 2011.
Gulfmark Offshore, Inc provides marine transportation services to the energy industry through a fleet of fifty-eight offshore support vessels, primarily in the North Sea, offshore Southeast Asia, and the America.
- GulfMark Offshore Ends 4Q on a High Note (Feb 27)
- GulfMark Offshore Reports 1Q Operating Results (Apr 28)
- GulfMark Offshore's Year End '09 Revenue Down 6% (Feb 25)
Company: Keppel Singmarine more info
- Keppel Singmarine to Deliver Newbuild Seaways 24 Anchor Handling Tug Soon (Aug 10)
- Keppel Singmarine Bags $74M Contracts from Jan De Nul to Build 3 Dredgers (Jul 21)
- McDermott to Name Flagship Derrick Lay Vessel at Singapore's Keppel Yard (Feb 19)