Total Acquires Three Permits Northeast of Ichthys
Total has acquired a 40% interest in three exploration permits northeast of Ichthys on the Australian Browse Basin jointly with Inpex (60%, operator). ConocoPhillips held these interests. This acquisition is subject to the approval of the Australian authorities.
Covering a respective area of 1 628, 1 220 and 667 square kilometers, Blocks WA-341P, WA-343P and WA-344P are located roughly 200 kilometers offshore, in water depths varying from 50 to 250 meters.
These new acquisitions further illustrate Total's commitment to strengthening its presence offshore the northwest of Australia, a region with rich gas reserves. The Group now has interests in 15 permits on Australia's North West Shelf, most of them situated in Browse Basin, where the Group has a 24% interest in the WA-285P permit containing the Ichthys field. The Ichthys liquefied natural gas project, currently under study, should come on stream early next decade.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
- Inpex Says Floating Unit For Australia LNG Project To Set Sail Soon (Jul 10)