ExxonMobil Cranks Up Again Offshore Angola
ExxonMobil's subsidiary, Esso Exploration Angola (Block 15) Ltd., successfully started up production from the Marimba North project offshore Angola. Ahead of schedule and within budget, the project is expected to develop 80 million barrels of oil.
About 90 miles off the coast of Angola in 3,900 feet of water, the Marimba North project ties back to the Kizomba A Tension Leg Platform. Development includes subsea wells, a single drill center, 30 kilometers of flowlines and a unique riser system. Schedule and budget were cited by the company as drivers for tying the well to the Kizomba A development.
"The project is a good example of ExxonMobil's ability to integrate innovative technical solutions with detailed execution planning, which maximizes the value of the resource for our shareholders and the government of Angola," said the company's Senior Vice President Mark Albers.
Peak production estimates for Marimba North are 40,000 b/d, which hikes Block 15 production levels to production rate to 540,000 b/d. Other developments included in Block 15 are Xikomba, Kizomba A and Kizomba B. The current combined resources for Block 15 are 2 billion barrels of oil. The addition of the Kizomba C project should add another 600 million barrels to that number.
ExxonMobil holds interest in four blocks offshore Angola that span an excess of 3 million gross acres. The company's subsidiary Esso is the operator of Block 15 with 40% interest. Other partners include BP Exploration (Angola) Limited with 26.67%, ENI Angola Exploration B.V. with 20% and Statoil Angola with 13.33%. Sonangol serves as the Concessionaire.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)