TGS & GGS Join Forces on a 2-D Survey Project in GoM
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA (TGS) and Global Geo Services ASA (GGS) have entered into a 50-50 joint venture on a 28,000 kilometer multi-client 2-D survey located in the Central Gulf of Mexico planning area known as "181 South". The project is supported by pre-funding from several oil companies.
TGS and GGS will combine acquisition resources to complete the recording of the survey in January 2008. GGS Atlantic will acquire 19,000 kilometers, and is expected to be occupied with this survey until mid December 2007. GGS Atlantic has recorded over 14,000 kilometers to date. The prestack time and depth migration processing is being performed by GGS-Spectrum and is expected to be completed in May 2008. TGS will be responsible for marketing and sales of the resulting products.
GGS will receive US $3.1 million from TGS as part of this agreement.
The Minerals Management Service currently has a lease sale scheduled for the 181 South area in March of 2009.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Global Geo Services more info
- Total Exercises 400-Day Option Period for Tender Rig Barracuda (May 20)
- Petronas Finalizes Deal to Use Alligator Tender Rig Offshore Malaysia (Sep 10)
- Global Geo Services to Spin-Off of Spectrum Seismic Business (May 23)