Oilex Updates Drilling Operations in Indonesia and India

Fields of Cambay
(Click to Enlarge)
Oilex reports that its Pendalian-3 in Indonesia and the Bhandut-2Z in India indicate promising oil shows.

The 81/2' hole at Pendalian-3 has been drilled to the planned total depth of 748 meters and wireline logging is being carried out.

Preliminary indications while drilling are that the target Sihapas sands were intersected as expected with a number of potential oil zones indicated at depths similar to the nearby Pendalian-1 well.

Once the logging program has been completed, the well will be cased and a comprehensive 14-day multi-zone testing program will be undertaken.

Sumatera Persada Energi is the operator of this project with 55%. Oilex holds the other 45% participating interest.

The Bhandut-2Z sidetrack well has been drilled to the planned core point at a measured depth of 1024.8 meters, and a 9 meter core has been cut that will provide porosity, permeability and oil saturation information over the target 'G' sand potential oil reservoir.

Preparations are under way to resume drilling to a total depth of 1,083 meters, at which point wireline logs will be run. Based on the wireline log interpretation, consideration will be given to testing the well and if successful, the most appropriate approach to completing the well for production.

Oilex is the operator of Bhandut with 40%, and Gujarat State Petroleum holds 60% participating interest.

Related Companies

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Project QA-QC Supervisor/Engineer
Expertise: Drilling Consultant|Environmental, Safety & Training|HSE Auditing
Location: Minot, ND
Expertise: Floorhand / Roughneck
Location: Fruita, CO
Drilling Engineering Manager - Delaware Basin
Expertise: Drilling Engineering|Drilling Manager|Engineering Manager
Location: Midland, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.14/BBL 0.61%
Light Crude Oil : $49.48/BBL 0.86%
Natural Gas : $3.12/MMBtu 0.95%
Updated in last 24 hours