Production at Independence Hub Expected to Reach Capacity
Enterprise's production, through the partnership's Independence Hub natural gas platform in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico has reached approximately 600 million cubic feet per day from 10 wells. As the initial 15 wells are brought on line, producers expect that production at the Independence Hub will be at or near its capacity of 1 billion cubic feet per day by the end of 2007.
Located in 8,000 feet of water, the record-setting Independence Hub, which was conceived, designed and constructed by Enterprise, is the deepest offshore platform ever installed in the Gulf and is also the largest in terms of processing capability. The Independence Hub is owned 80 percent by Enterprise, with Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. owning the remaining 20 percent. Enterprise owns 100 percent of the 134-mile Independence Trail pipeline, which transports natural gas from the Hub to the partnership's West Delta 68 platform for delivery to shore via a third party pipeline.
- Enterprise to Ship More Permian Crude to Texas Gulf Coast (Dec 06)
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)