Enterprise Begins Processing Gas at Meeker Facility
Enterprise Products has begun processing natural gas at the recently completed first phase of the partnership's Meeker processing complex, located in Colorado's Piceance Basin. The plant has a capacity of 750 MMcf/d of natural gas and is capable of extracting up to 35,000 b/d of natural gas liquids (NGLs).
Phase II of the complex, which is now under construction and expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2008, will double processing capacity at Meeker to 1.5 bcf/d of natural gas and 70,000 b/d of NGLs.
The two phases are supported by long-term commitments from producers, including EnCana and ExxonMobil. Current inlet volumes at the plant are approximately 430 MMcf/d, which is expected to produce up to 24,000 b/d of NGLs. Natural gas volumes are expected to exceed 500 MMcf/d by the end of 2007, which will produce more than 27,700 b/d of NGLs.
"The Piceance Basin represents one of the most prolific and fastest growing energy producing areas in the nation, and the completion of our Meeker facility provides the region with valuable midstream infrastructure needed to accommodate those growing volumes," said Michael A. Creel, Enterprise president and CEO. "For Enterprise, Meeker provides us with yet another foothold from which to capitalize on additional opportunities in the Piceance Basin and generate incremental cash flow for our investors."
The Meeker complex complements other projects recently completed as part of Enterprise's Rocky Mountain growth initiative and reinforces the partnership's integrated energy value chain philosophy. Specifically, the 50,000 bpd expansion of the Mid-America Pipeline enables the system to accommodate the increased volumes of NGLs that will be extracted at Meeker.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: Enterprise Products Partners LP more info
- Enterprise to Ship More Permian Crude to Texas Gulf Coast (Dec 06)
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)