STX Inks Deal to Build New Pipelay Vessel
Technip has awarded STX Heavy Industries (Korea) a contract for the construction of its new pipelay vessel.
The contract covers detailed design, construction, outfitting and commissioning of all marine aspects, including the installation of all underdeck pipelay equipment. The remainder of the pipelay system will be installed and commissioned at a later date at the pipelay supplier’s facilities.
The new vessel is scheduled for delivery in 2010.
"This major investment in a state-of-the-art vessel is part of our fleet development strategy. It will strengthen the group’s presence on the high-growth Subsea market and respond to a demand which is evolving towards developments requiring high technological added-value at increasing water depths", stated Thierry Pilenko, Technip’s Chairman and CEO.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: STX Heavy Industries more info
- Noble Inks Drillship Deals with South Korea, ABS to Class First Vessel (Oct 29)
- Shareholders Accept STX's Mandatory Offer to Acquire Aker's Shares (Aug 21)
- STX Takes Strategic 39.2% Stake in Aker Yards (Oct 23)