KCA Deutag Takes 10% Stake in GGS Barge Rig Acquisition
KCA-Deutag has acquired 10% of the legal entity that will acquire the previously announced 3 tender barge rigs. The acquisition is done on same terms as GGS. GGS is still in the process of both novating the contracts from the oil companies and financing of the transaction. As a result the final leverage level of the tender barges legal entity is not set. GGS expects a USDM 9 investment for the 10% ownership.
GGS has appointed Kjell E. Jensen (59) as EVP Rig Operations in GGS. Kjell has held several positions within the shipping, oil & offshore
industry. The last couple of years he has held the position as a project manager for a jack-up upgrade in Singapore for Sinvest ASA.
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: Global Geo Services more info
- Total Exercises 400-Day Option Period for Tender Rig Barracuda (May 20)
- Petronas Finalizes Deal to Use Alligator Tender Rig Offshore Malaysia (Sep 10)
- Global Geo Services to Spin-Off of Spectrum Seismic Business (May 23)