Diamond Offshore's jackup, Ocean Crusader recently drilled a successful test well on West Delta Block 98 in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The no. 1 well Ocean Crusader was drilled to a true vertical depth of approximately 11,720 feet and logged an estimated 37 net feet of oil pay. A sidetrack well was drilled to a bottom hole location approximately 1,200 feet to the west where 30 net feet of oil pay was found in the same reservoir. The second sidetrack well was unsuccessful. Production development plans are currently being prepared and two additional exploratory locations have been identified. Basin is the operator of West Delta Block 98 and has a 75 percent working interest and Duke Energy Hydrocarbons, LLC owns the remaining 25 percent interest.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours