Tap Oil Continues Testing at Maitland
Tap Oil says that testing operations at the Maitland appraisal well has recommenced. The Maitland wells are located in permit WA-33-R offshore Australian in the Barrow Sub-basin.
Testing operations began again on October 12th on the Maitland-3H well following remedial work to address problems associated with water influx. The Maitland-3H production test is currently in initial clean up phase with gas flow to surface and associated clean up liquids as per expectation. A stabilized production rate has not yet been established. The production test, including buildup period, is expected to take approximately one week. The well will then be plugged and abandoned as planned.
Tap is very pleased that the flow of gas to surface has confirmed the extent of the Maitland field. Initial flow performance is within expectations at this stage. The production test results will be used to establish development production rates for the field.
WA-33-R Joint Venture participants are Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd with 22.474%; Apache Oil Aust. Pty Ltd with 48.815%; Pan Pacific Petroleum NL with 10%; and Santos (BOL) Pty Ltd with the remaining 18.711%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)