Energy Partners Kicks Off Production at Cap Rock

EPL's South Timbalier 41 #B-3st (ST 41 #B-3st) Cap Rock discovery well has been brought on line, and is producing at a rate of approximately 1,900 barrels of oil and 18 million cubic feet of gas per day or 4,900 barrels of oil equivalent per day with 5,540 psi flowing tubing pressure. Prior to the well's completion, the ST 41 #B-3st was drilled deeper to test additional sand targets but did not encounter pay at the lower depths. EPL is the operator with a 60% working interest, and W&T Offshore Inc (NYSE:WTI) holds the remaining 40% working interest.

Richard A. Bachmann, EPL's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "Today's announcement regarding our ST 41 #B-3st Cap Rock discovery and its very strong production rate marks eleven discoveries to date and 100% success rate in this prolific South Timbalier area. Our success here validates our desire to further evaluate other identified opportunities at ST 41 as well as in our 100% owned ST 46 recent discovery block and additional 100% EPL owned acreage in the area."

Founded in 1998, EPL is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Company's operations are focused along the U. S. Gulf Coast, both onshore in south Louisiana and offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Production Technician - Bladder Blade Separators/Manifolds Speci
Expertise: Field Service Tech|Mechanical Technician|Production Technologist
Location: Houston, TX
United States Lafayette: Service Operator II - Surface Solutions
Expertise: Production Operator
Location: Lafayette, LA
United States Odessa: Entry Level Operator Assistant I - Frac/Acid
Expertise: Fracturing
Location: Odessa, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $52.67/BBL 1.91%
Light Crude Oil : $51.6/BBL 2.60%
Natural Gas : $3.17/MMBtu 2.76%
Updated in last 24 hours