Petrobras Reaffirms Partnership in Peru
Seeking to promote new investment, the partnership between Petrobras, Petroperu and Perupetro has been extended for one more year. The extension agreement was signed October 1, 2007, at a ceremony in Rio de Janeiro, by the presidents of the companies. Peru's Mines & Energy minister was also in attendance.
The companies committed to undertake studies to promote and facilitate investments in hydrocarbon exploration, production, transportation, refining and distribution in Peru. A negotiation committee composed of representatives of the companies is coordinating the studies. Possible projects to be executed must be previously approved by Petrobras’ Senior Administration and by Petroperu’s Board of Directors.
The extension of the partnership shows Petrobras intends to boost its activities in Peru and to invest in the energetic integration between the two countries. Present in Peru since the 1990s, Petrobras is interested in increasing its exploration and production activities in that country. Petrobas currently lifts some 15,000 barrels per day of oil and gas at Talara Lot X, in Northeast Peru.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)
Company: Petroperu more info
- Peru Crude Oil Pipeline Resumes Operation After Year Of Spills (Sep 26)
- Peru To Issue Up To $3B In Bonds To Finance State-Run Oil Firm (Apr 18)
- Peru Detects Fresh Oil Spill From Decades-Old Amazon Pipeline (Aug 11)