Stone Energy Wins 16 Blocks in Central GOM Lease Sale
Stone Energy was the high bidder on 16 offshore blocks in the central Gulf of Mexico at the OCS sale 205, held by the MMS.
Stone will have a 100% working interest on 10 of the 16 blocks, a 50% working interest on one and a 33% working interest on the remaining five. Stone's total share of all 16 lease blocks total approximately $12.9 million.
Stone has five joint bids with Anadarko and one with Samson. Subject to the MMS's review process, the lease acquisitions will add more than 63,000 net acres to Stone's inventory
"These new leases will complement the existing Stone portfolio of assets and provide a foundation for growth for our company," said Richard L. Smith, Stone's vice president of Exploration and Business Development.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Stone Energy Corporation more info
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
- Technip Wins 2 Subsea Contracts in Gulf of Mexico (Jan 27)
- Eco-Trade Acquires South Bakken Prospect (Dec 07)
Company: Samson Offshore more info
- Anadarko Strikes Oil at Samurai Prospect in Gulf of Mexico (Jun 24)
- Chevron Hits It Big, Spies Oil at Buckskin in Deepwater GOM (Feb 05)
- BP Finds Oil at GOM's Deepwater Freedom Prospect (Oct 14)