Billion Benchmark to be Reached
Enterprise Products Partners announced October 2 that production on the Independence Hub in the Gulf of Mexico is expected to reach capacity of 1 billion cubic feet per day by the end of this year.
The company released that production on the Independence Hub has reached 440 million cubic feet per day from nine wells. Once all 15 wells are brought online by the end of 2007, the company expects the mega-platform to reach its full capacity.
Production began on the Independence Hub in late July.
The semi-submersible platform is located in the Gulf of Mexico in 8,000 feet of water. In addition to being the deepest offshore platform ever installed in the Gulf of Mexico, the hub is also the largest in terms of processing ability.
Enterprise owns 80 percent of Independence Hub, and Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc. owns the other 20 percent.
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
- Fire at Mississippi gas plant halts US Gulf Coast platforms (Jun 28)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)