Billion Benchmark to be Reached

Enterprise Products Partners announced October 2 that production on the Independence Hub in the Gulf of Mexico is expected to reach capacity of 1 billion cubic feet per day by the end of this year.

The company released that production on the Independence Hub has reached 440 million cubic feet per day from nine wells. Once all 15 wells are brought online by the end of 2007, the company expects the mega-platform to reach its full capacity.

Production began on the Independence Hub in late July.

The semi-submersible platform is located in the Gulf of Mexico in 8,000 feet of water. In addition to being the deepest offshore platform ever installed in the Gulf of Mexico, the hub is also the largest in terms of processing ability.

Enterprise owns 80 percent of Independence Hub, and Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc. owns the other 20 percent.

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
United States Houston: Principal II - DES
Expertise: Design Engineer|Drilling Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
Sr Reservoir / Production Engineer - Field Engineering
Expertise: Production Engineering
Location: Platteville, CO
 
United States Rock Springs: Entry Level to Senior Engineer - Cased Hole
Expertise: Reservoir Engineering
Location: Rock Springs, WY
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.56/BBL 0.15%
Light Crude Oil : $47.7/BBL 0.70%
Natural Gas : $3.05/MMBtu 1.32%
Updated in last 24 hours