Red Spider Successfully Applies TTRD Tools at Claymore in the North Sea
Red Spider Technology has delivered specialist drilling equipment for Talisman Energy (UK) Limited’s first through tubing rotary drilling (TTRD) project.
Red Spider supplied its newly introduced 5½" TTRD protection system for operations in three wells in the Claymore field, which Talisman operates on behalf of partners ENI UK Ltd and Dana Petroleum (E&P) Ltd. The agreement also provides the potential for further deployments in the future.
Andy Skinner, Business Development Manager of Red Spider said: "This deployment marked the first application of our TTRD tools in the UK sector, following on from a number of successful campaigns in the Norwegian North Sea for Statoil and Hydro."
"We believe we are increasingly being viewed as a company which produces tools which are inventive, reliable and add real value to a project."
TTRD is a technique designed to optimise reservoir production levels by providing a cost effective means of accessing stranded pockets of oil from existing wells without having to resort to drilling new wells.
The operation saw the Red Spider protection sleeve run as a shield positioned inside the existing tubing retrievable sub-surface safety valve (TRSSSV), defending it from the effects of the additional drilling activity which was carried out through the device, while the company’s liner drop-off system was utilised to act as a disconnect point during the liner deployment stage of the operation.
"Too often a product restricts what can be achieved rather than facilitating the desired outcome," said Skinner. "However, this new protection sleeve was designed and developed specifically to suit 5½" TRSSSV’s and is a clear demonstration of our ability to tailor our offerings to suit the demands of the job."
Red Spider Technology develops innovative tools to meet the new challenges in the oil and gas industry. With headquarters in Westhill, near Aberdeen, and offices in Stavanger and Dubai, the company supplies down-hole tools to the global oil industry, aimed at adding value by reducing client operating time, production costs and environmental risks.
In 2006, Red Spider won a Scottish Offshore Achievement Award in the Most Promising Small company category.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Red Spider Technology more info
- Red Spider Launches New Products at Key Industry Events (Apr 04)
- Red Spider Appoints New COO (Feb 16)
- Red Spider Welcomes Sales Manager for Europe, Africa (Jan 24)