Shares of Newly Combined StatoilHydro to Begin Trade on October 1st
The merger between Statoil and Norsk Hydro ASA’s petroleum business is expected to be implemented on October 1, 2007. In light of this, the following is announced:
The completion of the merger is expected to take place before the opening of the markets in Oslo on Monday October 1st. As a result, this will be the first day of trading in the StatoilHydro share. Consequently, Friday September 28th will be the last day that the Norsk Hydro ASA shares will trade inclusive of the right to receive Statoil shares.
Each Norsk Hydro ASA shareholder will receive Statoil shares based on their shareholder holdings registered at the Norwegian Central Securities Depository (VPS) on October 3, 2007, that is, reflecting trading undertaken on September 28th with settlement on a T+3 basis.
One share in Norsk Hydro ASA entitles the shareholder to 0.8622 shares in StatoilHydro ASA. Fractions of shares will not be issued. Fractional shares will be aggregated into whole shares and sold in the market. The net proceeds, i.e. the selling price after deduction of accrued costs in connection with the transaction, will be distributed proportionally between those shareholders entitled to fractions.
The consideration shares will be delivered to Hydro’s shareholders via the VPS on October 3, 2007 and will be available in investors’ accounts on October 4, 2007. Any relevant cash proceeds for fractions of shares are expected to be paid on October 11, 2007.
After the completion of the merger, the company’s name will change to StatoilHydro ASA. New share capital will be NOK 7,971,617,757.50 comprising 3,188,647,103 shares with a nominal value of NOK 2.50 each.
The STL ticker code and ISIN number NO0010096985 remain unchanged.
A new stock exchange announcement will be published on October 1, 2007.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)