Paradigm to Process 3D Data for Scan
Paradigm says that SCAN Geofisica CA has awarded Paradigm a contract to process and interpret data acquired for the Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) Cardon II exploration project.
Scheduled to commence in late summer 2007, the Cardon II project includes collection, processing and interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data to assist PDVSA with prospect generation for a previously unexplored, 400-square-kilometer area off the northwest coast of Venezuela.
"Paradigm Strategic Consulting offers SCAN local field knowledge, an extensive portfolio of exploration and production applications, as well as the ability to quickly mobilize our team, equipment and technology," said Mauricio Arboleda, Executive Vice President of Strategic Consulting for Paradigm.
Paradigm Strategic Consulting will assist with quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) during the data acquisition onboard SCAN's offshore survey vessel, the M/V Scan Resolution. At Paradigm's technical center in Caracas, Venezuela, the Strategic Consulting will process the data and perform an extensive interpretation for prospect generation in the Cardon II field.
"We are pleased to be supporting SCAN and PDVSA on Cardon II," said Paradigm CEO John Gibson. "The strategic consulting combined with the Paradigm portfolio of applications exemplifies the far reaching range of decision support that we offer our customers. This contract and the expansion of our Caracas office are important steps toward meeting our strategic goal of increasing Paradigm's presence in Latin America."
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's Deteriorating Oil Quality Riles Major Refiners (Oct 20)
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
Company: Paradigm Strategic Exploration more info
- Paradigm to Process 3D Data for Scan (Sep 26)
- Touchstone Resources Strikes Deal with Paradigm Strategic Exploration (Apr 18)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)