Technip Wins Azurite Work from Murphy
Murphy West Africa has awarded Technip a contract, worth approximately US$110 million, for the Azurite field development. The Azurite field is located 80 nautical miles offshore the Republic of the Congo, in block "Mer Profonde Sud", at a water depth of 1,400 meters.
The contract covers the engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation and pre-commissioning of two production and one water injection flexible risers (1), two production jumpers (2) and one umbilical (3). Technip will also supply ten well jumpers and provide transportation, installation and pre-commissioning for subsea equipment supplied by Murphy West Africa.
Technip's operations and engineering center in Paris will execute the contract. Flexi France, one of the Group's flexible pipe plants located in Le Trait, will manufacture the flexible pipes. Duco, Technip's subsidiary based in Newcastle, will manufacture the umbilical.
Offshore operations will be carried out using one of the Group's construction vessels during the fourth quarter of 2008.
1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
2) Jumper: a short pipe laid on the seabed to connect a rigid flowline to a subsea structure or to connect two subsea structures located close to one another.
3) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic hoses, which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers, used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. The Group is headquartered in Paris.
The Group's main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)