Namibia Approves Tower's Farmout of Offshore Blocks to Arcadia
Tower Resources has been advised that the Minister of Mines and Energy of the Republic of Namibia has approved the farmout by Tower's wholly-owned subsidiary Neptune Petroleum (Namibia) of an 85% interest in its License, covering offshore blocks 1910A, 1911 and 2011A, to Arcadia Petroleum. The Minister has also approved the transfer of the Operatorship of the License to Arcadia.
Under the terms of the farmout, Arcadia has committed to fully fund a program of activity in four parts, which includes:
* cost associated with shooting the recently completed 2-Dimensional seismic program and further costs arising from its interpretation;
* shooting and interpreting a 3-Dimensional seismic program, presently contemplated in early 2008;
* an exploration commitment well;
* a second well which might be an appraisal well or a second exploration well.
Arcadia has the option to withdraw from its commitment at the end of each of these four stages of operation or to assign all or part of its interest to a third party agreeing to meet the funding commitment. In the case of withdrawal and failure to assign, the full 85% interest will revert to Neptune. Arcadia will also reimburse 85% of certain historic costs to Tower.
Arcadia Petroleum Limited is a substantial trader of oil and related products. They bring considerable financial strength to the License as well as access to very relevant expertise in exploration, development and shipment of oil and natural gas.
Peter Kingston, Tower's Chairman has welcomed the introduction of such a strong partner. "Arcadia shares Tower's belief that the License has the potential to contain giant gas fields. In particular, the discovery of large volumes of gas can be developed effectively given Arcadia's financial strength and its access to appropriate technology. Activity now promises to progress quickly and the potential of the License is genuinely exciting."
- Africa-Focused Energy Companies Prioritize Cost Savings (Mar 07)
- Tower Pulls Out of South Africa Project (Feb 16)
- Tower Resources Director Retires (Feb 05)
Company: Neptune Petroleum Limited more info
- Tower Updates Namibia, Uganda Operations (Dec 10)
- Tower Updates on African E&P Activities (Jan 28)
- Neptune Inks Rig Contract for Feb. 1 Spud in EA5, Uganda (Dec 18)
Company: Arcadia Petroleum more info
- E&P Companies Explore Offshore Namibia's Hydrocarbon Potential (Jun 29)
- Desire Petroleum Advances North Falkland Program (Sep 14)
- Falkland Islands Govt. Grants New Acreage to Desire, Arcadia (Aug 14)