Intermoor Expands Support Options
InterMoor Inc., an Acteon company, has signed a long-term contract with a subsidiary of Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. to store and maintain Diamond Offshore's mooring hardware in InterMoor's new 22-acre facility at the Port of Fourchon in Louisiana, announced InterMoor President Tom Fulton.
"InterMoor is excited about storing all of Diamond Offshore's mooring equipment such as chain, wire and anchors for its Gulf of Mexico drilling needs," said Fulton. "Through the expansion of our facilities, we are proud to be able to offer this service to our customers and foresee stronger and longer-lasting relationships as a result."
The new facility includes more than 1,200 feet of bulkhead waterfront dock space, a warehouse, office, training center and living quarters.
In addition, the facility comes complete with three cranes to support the yard and provide heavy-lift services – including a new mega-crane which offers maximum lift capacity of 800 metric tons. The crane, which is the largest of its kind in the Port of Fourchon, is expected to be commissioned and operational in the fourth quarter 2007.
InterMoor Inc., an Acteon company, is an industry leader in innovative mooring and installation technology. InterMoor designs, provides and installs integrated mooring systems worldwide for the offshore oil and gas industry. Acteon is a group of specialist engineering companies serving the global oil and gas industry.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: InterMoor more info
- Sea Trucks to Provide Floatel Services for Malikai Project Off Malaysia (Jun 22)
- InterMoor Completes Mooring Work for COOEC at China's Panyu, Enping Fields (Oct 23)
- Acteon's InterMoor Expands in Asia Pacific, Opens New Singapore Office (Apr 25)