Maitland-2 Appraisal Well to be Sidetracked
Tap Oil reports that the Maitland-2 appraisal well, located in permit WA-33-R offshore Australia, has been drilled to its total depth intersecting the Maitland reservoir section on prognosis. Hydrocarbon shows were observed through the reservoir interval and wireline logging operations are currently underway.
Preliminary analysis indicates that the reservoir is gas charged. After the completion of wireline operations Maitland-2 is planned to be sidetracked in order to collect conventional core over the reservoir interval. A horizontal sidetrack, Maitland-3H, will then be drilled and flow tested to establish potential development production rates. The flow testing program is expected to commence in around two weeks time.
Partners in the well are Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd with 22.474%; Apache Oil Aust. Pty. Ltd with 28.815%; Pan Pacific Petroleum NL with 10%; and Santos (BOL) Pty Ltd. with 18.711%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)