Bayou Bend Drills Duster at West Cameron 332
Bayou Bend Petroleum reports that the West Cameron Block 332 #1 well, operated by Cairn Energy, USA, has been drilled to a total depth of 14,250' MD, logged and evaluated. Wire-line log evaluation indicates non-reservoir quality silts and tight sands in the objective section. The operator is currently performing plug and abandonment operations on the wellbore.
Bayou Bend President and CEO Clint Coldren stated, "WC 332 is one of several prospects in our Gulf of Mexico portfolio we are in the process of testing this year. Unfortunately the reservoir quality at WC 332 #1 was poor, so we'll move on and continue evaluation of our other existing projects and continue adding new ones to our inventory. With over 73,000 acres acquired to date, Bayou Bend is rapidly becoming one of the larger leaseholders in the region."
Bayou Bend is an oil and gas production and exploration company with a focus in the Gulf of Mexico shallow water shelf area. The Company has lease interests in the State Waters of Louisiana near Marsh Island and in several Federal OCS blocks offshore Louisiana and Texas. The Company has an aggressive drilling program planned for 2007 including a minimum of 7 exploration wells.
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Bayou Bend Petroleum Ltd. more info
- Bayou Bend Petroleum Names New COO (Oct 01)
- Bayou Bend Inks Agreements for 3 Prospective Blocks in Kurdistan (Aug 31)
- Bayou Bend's Board Bids Farewell to Director (Jul 31)