Maitland-2 Appraisal Well Spudded
Tap Oil reports that the Maitland-2 appraisal well, located in permit WA-33-R, offshore Australia has been spud. The well will be drilled to approximately 1,400 meters measured depth and is expected to take four days to drill.
The Maitland-2 well will be drilled vertically, then sidetracked in order to collect conventional core. The Maitland-2 wellbore will then be sidetracked and a horizontal section of around 4-500 meters is planned to be drilled. This horizontal section will then be flow tested to establish potential development production rates. The flow testing program is expected to commence in around 2-3 weeks time.
Partners in WA-33-R are Apache with 48.815%; Tap with 22.474%; Pan Pacific with 10% and Santos with 18.711%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Pan Pacific Petroleum more info
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)