Fossetmaker-1 Encounters Tight Gas Column
Nexus Energy reports that the Fossetmaker-1 well has reached a depth of 3,822 meters and wireline logs have been acquired. Gas shows were recorded during drilling over a section of sandstones equivalent in age to the sandstones encountered in the Echuca Shoals-1 well. Wireline logs indicate a 10 meter gas interval with a low net to gross at a depth just below the 70 meter main gas column seen in the Echuca shoals gas well.
Wireline run formation pressure measurement logs indicate that the formation is tight at this location. It is unclear whether the gas encountered in Fossetmaker-1 is in pressure communication with the gas observed in the Echuca Shoals-1 well.
Further study will be required to assess the commercial implications of this result for the Echuca Shoals gas accumulation.
The well is currently being plugged prior to releasing the rig. The well has been drilled at no cost to Nexus pursuant to a farm-in agreement with Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd.
Fossetmaker-1 is located approximately 7 kilometers ENE of the Echuca Shoals-1 discovery well and was drilled to evaluate the possible eastern extension of the Echuca Shoals field. Nexus will provide a reassessment of the Echuca Shoals resource potential following a complete technical evaluation incorporating the results of the Fossetmaker-1.
Partners are Nexus Energy WA377P Pty Ltd with 66% and Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd with 34%.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)