Total Makes Significant Gas Condensate Discovery West of Shetland
Total has made a significant new gas condensate discovery in block 205/5a in approximately 610 meters of water, some 100 kilometers North West of the Sullom Voe Terminal on the Shetland Islands. Total, with a 47.5% interest, is the operator of this block awarded end 2004, alongside partners Eni UK Limited (22.5%), DONG E&P (UK) Limited (20.0%) and Chevron North Sea Limited (10.0%).
The Tormore discovery well 205/5a-1 was drilled to a total depth of 3936 meters and tested at 32 million cubic feet per day of gas with a condensate gas ratio of 75 barrels per million cubic foot.
This discovery lies 15 kilometers south west of the Total-operated Laggan discovery, which was successfully appraised in 2004.
"The reserves related to this discovery will be evaluated over the coming months and strengthen the gas potential of the area near the Lagan discovery in the West of Shetlands. This success illustrates Total's commitment to contribute to the development of United Kingdom's oil and gas resources", declares Yves-Louis Darricarrere, Total's President Exploration and Production.
Recent discoveries lifted the Group's proved and probable reserves in the UK to over 1 billion barrels of oil equivalent end of 2006.
Total E&P UK Limited is one of the leading oil and gas producers on the UK Continental Shelf, with equity production of 280,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2006. Based in Aberdeen, Scotland, the company owns and operates a cluster of fields in the Alwyn Area of the northern North Sea, the Elgin and Franklin fields in the Central North Sea and the Otter field northeast of Shetland. The Company also operates the St. Fergus gas terminal and a gas transportation system, and has interests in a number of non-operated fields.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)