Norsk Hydro Drills Dry Well in Farsund Basin

Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS, operator of production license 317, is concluding drilling of wildcat well 11/5-1. The well is located in the Farsund basin in the southern North Sea, about 50 km south of Farsund.

The primary objective of the well was to prove petroleum in Jurassic reservoir rocks in a prospect called Loshavn. The secondary objective was to examine reservoir rocks from the Permian Age.

The well was dry. Reservoir rocks were encountered in the Jurassic layer. The well provided important information about this area of southeast part of the North Sea, and extensive data was collected.

The well is the first exploration well in production license 317, which was awarded in the 18th licensing round in 2004. The well was drilled to a vertical depth of 1929 meters below the sea surface and was concluded in rocks from the Lower Permian/Carboniferous Age.

Water depth at the site was 176 meters. The well will be permanently plugged and abandoned.

Well 11/5-1 was drilled by semisub, Transocean Polar Pioneer. Licensees in production license 317 are Norsk hydro Produksjon As as operator with 60% and Statoil with the remaining 40%.

Related Companies
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Well Servicing Rig Jobs - North Dakota, USA
Expertise: Derrickman|Floorhand / Roughneck|Production Operator
Location: North Dakota, United States, ND
 
Field Superintendent - US Drilling Rig Operations
Expertise: Drilling Superintendent|Field Service Tech
Location: United States
 
Operations Manager - US Drilling Rig Operations
Expertise: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor|Rig Manager
Location: United States
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.56/BBL 0.15%
Light Crude Oil : $47.7/BBL 0.70%
Natural Gas : $3.05/MMBtu 1.32%
Updated in last 24 hours