Maersk Giant Spuds First Well for Pertra
AGR Group reports that the Maersk Giant has spudded its first well for Pertra on Block 15/12 in the Norwegian North Sea.
AGR Petroleum Services is managing the drilling operations and logistics for the well, having contracted most of the third party suppliers used in the operation, including those supplying directional drilling, mudlogging and cementing.
The exploration well is being drilled in water depths of approximately 90 meters, and drilling is expected to take two to three months, dependent on results during the drilling operation.
Commenting on the well spud, Geir Finsrud, Vice President of AGR Petroleum Services said:
"AGR Petroleum Services are pleased to be involved in providing drilling management services for Pertra and providing the offshore and onshore teams. We have a strong working relationship with Pertra having assisted them on the redevelopment of the nearby Varg field".
Project Manager at AGR Petroleum Services, Magnus Florvaag added:
"The Maersk Giant operation adds to our drilling presence in Norway adding to the current program where we are managing drilling operations using the Bredford Dolphin on behalf of seven client companies over a three year multi-well program.
Today's well spud is an exciting indication of the future opportunities available to AGR Group, building on our successful execution of projects to date".
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)