Expro Group Makes the Cut
Expro has been named as one of the top 20 most ethical firms in the UK in a national survey.
Expro achieved top 20 status alongside many larger FTSE 100 organizations in the Observer Good Companies Guide, compiled with research from Co-operative Investments.
The survey looked at companies in the FTSE 350 index as of June 30, 2007. They were assessed on a range of social, environmental and corporate governance criteria.
Listings were based on companies which:
- Best manage their impact on the environment and the communities in which they operate;
- Best control their social and environmental risks;
- Best demonstrate the corporate governance they need to sustain their businesses.
Account was taken of a number of issues including:
- Reporting on social, ethical and environmental risk management and its environmental impact
- The management of workplace relations and dealings with investors
- The effectiveness of the board, auditing, the soundness of directors’ pay policies and the alignment of the interests of the board with those of shareholders
Expro Chief Executive Officer Graeme Coutts said: “At Expro we set ourselves high standards in everything we do. I am therefore very pleased that we have been so highly rated in this survey of the FTSE’s most ethical companies. It is recognition of the high ethical standards we have set ourselves and live by.
"Our culture is defined by our core values of service, performance and innovation and we pride ourselves in placing our commitment to social responsibility at the heart of everything we do. Expro has grown rapidly in recent years and we continually strive to meet the high expectations of our customers, our employees, our shareholders and the community, so that we can continue to be justifiably proud of our performance and our reputation.
"With our commitment to delivering world-class performance in HSE, service quality and customer care, we will continue to drive further improvement across our business.
"Our inclusion within this top 20 listing sends a clear message that Expro delivers what it promises."
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)