Petrofac and Valiant Exchange North Sea Interests
Petrofac's Energy Developments division has exchanged its 29% interest in UK North Sea Block 9/28a (containing the Crawford field) for an additional 3.11% of Block 211/18a (West Don area) with Valiant Petroleum. The operatorship of the Crawford field has been transferred from Petrofac to Fairfield Energy.
Petrofac now holds a 43.11% operated interest in Block 211/18a, which contains a 64.25% share of the West Don field. A pre-unitisation agreement with the owners of the adjacent block has been concluded, to establish field equity shares for the field life. Under the agreement, Petrofac will hold a 27.70% operated interest in the West Don field.
Amjad Bseisu, chief executive of Petrofac Energy Developments, commented: "Following this exchange, we have increased our participation in the greater Don area, where we hold operator status in our interests. A draft field development plan was submitted for the Don Southwest field in May 2007 and we continue to make good progress towards submission of a draft field development plan for the West Don field."
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Fairfield Energy Limited more info
- Exceed Secures Fairfield Well Engineering Services Contract (Mar 07)
- CAN Group Wins North Sea Deal with Fairfield Energy (Nov 03)
- DECC Reports Another Osprey Leak (Jul 27)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)