Boskalis to Provide Dredging Services for Pluto LNG
Royal Boskalis Westminster nv has received a letter of intent for a ERO 120 million contract from the Australian energy company Woodside for the development of the "Pluto LNG" gas project in northwestern Australia.
The project includes the construction of an access channel and a turning basin. The total quantity of sand and rock material to be dredged is approximately 8 million square meters. Boskalis will deploy some large trailing suction hoppers and a jumbo cutter for this job. The project execution is scheduled to commence in November 2007 and will take approximately 18 months.
This is another Boskalis project driven by the growing global demand for energy and the related large-scale development of gas fields and construction of LNG-ports and terminals. Boskalis currently works on similar projects in Qatar, Angola, Taiwan, India and Russia.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Boskalis International BV more info
- Fugro Shares Leap on Bid Speculation after Boskalis Stake Buy (Nov 10)
- Neptune to Provide Services on Gorgon Project (Apr 23)
- Keppel Lands $110MM Contracts for Work on 3 Vessels (Jul 28)