DNO Drills Duster at Lie Prospect
Det Norske Oljeselskap ASA, operator of production license 305, has completed drilling of wildcat well 24/9-8. The well is located about 20 km south of the Alvheim field in the North Sea.
The purpose of the well was to prove petroleum in the lower Paleogenic reservoir rocks in a prospect called Lie. The well was dry. Good quality Heimdal reservoir sand was encountered.
The well is the first exploration well drilled in production license 305. The license was awarded in APA 2003 (Awards in Predefined Areas). The well was drilled to a vertical depth of 2165 m below the sea surface, and was concluded in the Lista formation in the Lower Paleogene.
Water depth at the site was 123 m. The well will now be permanently plugged and abandoned.
Well 24/9-8 was drilled using the Bredford Dolphin, which will now drill a wildcat well in production license 338 in the North Sea, operated by Lundin Norway AS.
The licensees in production license 305 are DNO as operator with 30%; Revus Energy with 30%; Talisman Energy Norge with 30%; PA Resources Norway with 10%.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)
Company: PA Resources more info
- PA Resources Completes Divestment of North Sea Assets (Mar 24)
- PA Resources Welcomes New CEO (May 15)
- Noble Finds Oil at Carla South (May 02)