Norsk Hydro to Use Polar Pioneer to Drill Exploration Well 6609/6-1
Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS has received consent to drill exploration well 6609/6-1 using the Transocean Polar Pioneer.
Well 6609/6-1 is part of production license 286. Licensees in PL286 are Hydro as operator and Eni Norge AS. The well is located approximately 90 km west of Traena Municipality.
The exploration well is planned as a vertical well with an estimated total depth of 2710 meters. The water depth at the location is 329 meters. The well is expected to take 54 days to drill. If a discovery is made then drilling operations could be extended by about 21 days for logging and limited production testing.
Start-up of the drilling activity depends on the progress of the Polar Pioneer's ongoing well program, but is estimated at September 10, 2007.
The Polar Pioneer is operated by Transocean and received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in May 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)