Mitsubishi Acquires Shares in PT. Medco Energi Internasional Tbk
Mitsubishi Corporation has agreed to indirectly acquire approximately 19.97% of the issued shares of Indonesia's PT. Medco Energi Internasional Tbk. one of Asia's largest publicly owned energy companies engaged in exploration and production of oil and gas as its core business in Indonesia and overseas.
Mitsubishi has acquired 39.4% of the shares in Encore Energy Pte. Limited (a company incorporated in the Republic of Singapore which directly holds approximately 50.7% of the issued shares of MedcoEnergi) for US $352 million, from Encore Int'l Limited.
In connection with Mitsubishi's indirect acquisition of MedcoEnergi shares, Mitsubishi has also signed a Strategic Alliance Agreement ("SAA") with MedcoEnergi, whereby both companies will look to expand and reinforce the business relationship with a view to enhancing their respective presence in the jurisdictions in which they operate in both the upstream oil and gas industry and drilling and rig businesses and downstream, power generation, chemical and bio-ethanol markets.
As one of the strategically important business segments for the company,
Mitsubishi is engaged in E&P of oil and gas in West Africa, US Gulf of Mexico,
North Africa, UK North Sea and Indonesia. Mitsubishi is committed to exploring
and developing new opportunities to expand its E&P portfolio.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Bets on New US Turbomachinery Demand (Feb 17)
- Shell-Led Group Delays Decision On Canada Gas Export Plan (Jul 12)
- Japanese Banks Expand To Ranks of World's Biggest Energy Lenders (Jun 09)
Company: PT Medco Energi more info
- Lundin Petroleum Sells Indonesian Upstream Assets to Medco for $22M (Oct 09)
- Indonesia's Medco Gets Additional 25 Years to Operate Oman Oil Fields (Apr 29)
- Medco Energi Discovers Oil, Gas in Indonesia and Libya (Sep 29)