SAAG Acquires Keppel's Stake in New Jack-up JV

SAAG Consolidated Bhd. on Wednesday entered into an agreement with Keppel Oil International Ltd. Inc. through which Keppel Oil assigns to SAAG all rights, title interests, and benefits in and to a memorandum of understanding Keppel Oil signed with Iran-based Tamin Oil & Gas Investment Co. (TOGICO). Keppel Oil is not related to Keppel Corp.

Under the MoU, signed on August 5, 2007, Keppel Oil and TOGICO agreed to form a Labuan, Malaysia-based joint venture offshore company to build, own, and operate mobile offshore jack-up drilling rigs. The JV will build the first of the rigs at Labuan Shipyard. The rig will use the Gusto MSC design, cantilever jack-up drilling type CJ46-X100D, and its cost will not exceed US$155 million.

SAAG's subsidiary, SAAG Drilling and Well Services Sdn Bhd, owns a workover rig and already provides workover and well maintenance services. According to SAAG, the JV transaction will allow it to complement and expand its rig business to include jack-up rigs.

In exchange for Keppel Oil's assignment of its TOGICO stake to SAAG, SAAG will transfer or cause to be transferred to Keppel Oil or its nominee 40% of the entire issued and paid-up capital of Sepworth Investments Limited (SIL). SIL will also invest up to US$8 million in the JV, in which SIL will hold 25% equity interest. TOGICO will hold the remaining 75% in the JV.

Formed in 2004 and existing under the laws of the Islamic Republic of Iran, TOGICO is involved in oil and gas activities, vehicles, transportation, and production of compressed natural gas capsules. The Social Security Investment Company Iran owns 100% of TOGICO's 30 million shares.

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Shop Mechanic - Grand Prairie, TX
Expertise: Customer Service|Mechanic
Location: Grand Prairie, TX, TX
Diesel Mechanic for Williston, ND!
Expertise: Mechanic
Location: Williston, ND
Project Manager
Expertise: Engineering Manager|Project Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours