Sonangol Finds Additional Reserves in Block 4/05 Offshore Angola
Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola E.P. (Sonangol EP) and Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao S.A. (Sonangol P&P) have announced the discovery of additional reserves in the Gimboa Development Area in the deepwater block 4/05.
The appraisal well, 4-31-11, located west in the block at a water depth of 458 meters, encountered oil in Miocence reservoirs in two adjacent compartments. During a test of Compartment B the well produced 5,346 barrels a day of 26 degree API. Samples were collected from compartment A. Technical studies of the reserves as an extension of the Gimboa Project are ongoing.
The Gimboa field, discovered in 2004 by exploration well 4-41-1, is currently under development, with an anticipated production start up in the third quarter of 2008 of approximately 50,000 barrels of oil per day.
Sonangol EP is the Concessionare of block 4/05. The contractor group consists of Sonangol P&P (operator) 50%, Norsk Hydro Quatro AS (20%), Somoil (15%) and ACR (15%).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)