Four Companies Attend Offshore Round Clarification Session
Four companies attended this month's clarification session for Barbados' offshore oil and gas licensing round, an energy and environment ministry official told BNamericas.
"The clarification session was attended by Shell, Exxon, BHP and Petrobras," the official said.
Other companies such as Tullow, Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP), Finder and PetroCanada had registered but were unable to secure a flight due to the heavy traffic in Barbados for the Crop Over Carnival.
The government is offering 24 blocks that span in total 65,248km2. The smallest block covers 790km2 and the largest 5,025km2.
The ministry plans to publish bidding rules on September 3 with bids due December 1 and winners announced December 19. Contract signing is slated for January.
There is no offshore E&P in Barbados underway and the Barbados National Oil Company (BNOC) produces upward of 1,000b/d from onshore fields. BNOC sends the crude to Trinidad & Tobago to be refined, after which it is brought back to Barbados.
The 1,000b/d represents roughly 15% of Barbados' fuel requirements with the remainder imported.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Barbados National Oil Company more info
- Four Companies Attend Offshore Round Clarification Session (Aug 23)
- Barbados to Launch Offshore Exploration Round June 1st (Mar 28)
- Consultant, Ministry Drafting Offshore Bid Round Data Packages (Nov 08)