Norsk Hydro to Use West Venture at Troll
Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS has been granted consent to use the semisub, West Venture for production drilling at the Troll field.
The consent applies to drilling, completion, well workovers, interventions and plugback operations on wells at Troll Oil in the period September 1, 2007 - August 31, 2010.
The West Venture is a KMAR CS-45 Kvaerner Maritime-designed fifth generation semisubmersible equipped with dynamic positioning. The facility is equipped with two drilling towers.
The drilling facility has been in operation at Troll Oilfield since the start-up in March 2000.
West Venture is operated by Seadrill AS. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in January 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)